In the news:
• We have had a number of productive discussions with local citizens interested in organizing Community Action Teams. The Livestock Hub is continuing to move forward. Further approved projects, including those under serious investigation, have included the introduction of a system of alternative care (Eden Alternative) to enhance seniors care within the region; the organization of a youth social resiliency strategy; the organization of a birding guide for the area, and the exploration of adding social planning services for the region.
• With our CAT efforts underway we are always keen to support individuals in their efforts to explore and pursue innovative development ideas within the region.
Business Start-ups, Growth and Investment
• Our efforts to support entrepreneurial and business development within the region will take on another dedicated effort in the upcoming weeks. Specifically, we will be engaging the local business community (including those who may be interested in pursuing a business venture) to seek their thoughts and ideas in terms of some of the challenges they are facing in their efforts to grow and prosper within the region.
• Further with a focus on Value Added Agriculture, Tourism, and Health and Wellness, we are also seeking input into what business opportunities might offer particular potential within the region.
• Subsequently we will be engaging a variety of the region’s local business service providers to see if there are ways in which the needs of businesses can be more fully addressed. To this end the following events and activities are proposed:
• July 17, 2018 individual one on one discussions with businesses and entrepreneurs.
• July 26, 2018 focus group discussions with business owners and entrepreneurs.
• Online business and entrepreneur survey. Click here for survey
You can get involved in either of these activities and/or participate in our online survey found on this website.
Ensuring Business Supports to Help Local Business are Successful
• We are working with all the service providers (local, private sector as well as regional, provincial and Federal) to ensure that all interested entrepreneurs and businesses have access to a wide range of supports. As part of this initiative our team will provide the business service providers with a detailed briefing outlining the needs and concerns of local entrepreneurs and businesses, in an effort to adjust, refine and/or add new programs to meet the needs in the community.
To set up a time to discuss your idea, contact the Hanna Learning Centre to set up a time that works for you: