Community Adult Learning Program
Hanna and District’s Community Adult Learning Program is committed to helping adults pursue their interests in learning through on-site classroom instruction, videoconference delivery and online access. We provide support for learners and assist individuals as they move to other programs and services that will help them meet their learning goals.
- Need access to or assistance with basic technology?
- Looking for a place to learn and connect to supports and services?
- Need support, guidance or encouragement for self directed or online learning?
- Looking for information about learning opportunities, post secondary, funding options, education planning?
- Searching for services and supports such as career counselling, employment services, childcare and other government programs and agencies?
We are here to help. Call us at 403.854.2099.
Our Community Adult Learning Program provides learning opportunities for adults through training and workshops which include:
- Basic and intermediate level computer training
- Literacy and foundational learning
- GED Prep
- Workplace safety courses
- Training to support business
- First aid and CPR
- Employment skill development
- Career related training
- Personal development courses
- Training for volunteers
- Free one hour tutorials for computer, tablet or smartphone
For current Hanna Learning Centre courses go to Courses
To check out the variety of courses available online go to Online Courses
Additional learning options available include:
- Blended learning through Campus Alberta Central (Red Deer College and Olds College)
- Red Deer College and Olds College programming through videoconferencing and on site delivery
- Small business learning sessions through The Business Link
Services and facilities available include:
- Videoconferencing services
- Post secondary and institution exam invigilation
- Free public access computers with internet access
- Fax and photocopy services
- Meetings, conferences and learning opportunities through videoconferencing
- Computer lab
- Rural Alberta Business Centre
For further information from post-secondary Colleges and Universities go to:
- Athabasca University
- Bow Valley College
- Grant MacEwan College
- Lakeland College
- Medicine Hat College
- Mount Royal University
- Norquest College
- Olds College
- Olds College Professional and Continuing Education
- Red Deer College
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
For more information about the Community and Adult Learning Program through the Hanna Learning Centre, please contact Jo at 403.854.2099.